Get in touch with us today to find out how to take your email marketing to the next level!

Email marketing is one of the easiest, cost-effective ways to reach your consumer base. In the past, print mailings were the preferred form of communication, but email marketing has become a much more popular form and is vastly more time-efficient than print. By cutting down on the amount of time it takes to deliver your message, it’s ensuring that it’s still relevant to clients; and saves time, money, and energy. With the click of a button, you can reach all of your clients with a targeted message and a ‘call to action’. According to a study conducted last year by ExactTarget, 77% of consumers prefer to receive permission-based marketing correspondence via email, while 44% say they’ve made at least one purchase in the past year due to a promotional email.

Often, clients sign themselves up for email marketing through your business, so the audience you’re reaching out to is already interested in the product you’re selling or at least familiar with it. By targeting these clients, you’re liable to have a higher success rate. Depending on what product or service your organization provides, email marketing can be an incredibly successful platform by allowing consumers to impulsively take advantage of your promotion and follow through with the purchase immediately. It’s also a great way to build brand awareness. Your emails are a continuous reminder that your business is there when consumers need you, especially if you sell a product that individual consumers will only need sporadically throughout the year.

Email marketing is also shareable. A consumer can share a special promotion with family or friends with the click of a button, and creates more credibility when your consumers are disseminating it for you. Make sure to keep it simple too – if you’re providing clients a coupon via email, you’ll want to avoid forcing them to print it off before being able to use it. It might be best to provide a code they can give to the cashier, or something that can be scanned from their smartphone.  This year 66% of emails were opened on a smartphone or tablet, leaving only 34% of emails accessed through a desktop computer, so always be conscious of the need to create mobile friendly correspondence.

One of the biggest benefits of email marketing is that it’s measurable. It’s hard to quantify the success rate of most marketing tactics. Perhaps you saw a 10% increase in sales this month after purchasing a Facebook ad. It could be a direct result of the ad, in part due to the ad, or a complete coincidence. With email marketing, you can easily monitor and measure your success. If you’re using a software or going through a professional marketing firm, metrics are available which can provide you with delivery rates, open rates, abuse reports (how often consumers are marking your emails as spam), and bounce rates among others.  If you’re providing a coupon exclusively via email, you’ll be able to easily measure how often it was used.

While there may be some costs associated with email marketing, they’re typically a fraction of what the costs of other forms of advertising are, such as radio ads, billboards, paid social media advertising, etc. It’s a good idea to have a specialist automate and track emails to determine your success rate, as well as help create targeted campaigns. Keep in mind that for every $1 spent, $44.25 is the average return on email marketing investment, outperforming your return on investment from search, display, and social marketing advertising.

Contact us today to get started